Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Website Aesthetics

23424314321Does anyone else dislike the so-called “modern” aesthetics of some websites? To see what I mean, just look at squarespace. These websites are going for the sleek, simple, “no borders” look. And while the goal of the modern layout is to offer a sleek and smooth experience, it only seems to offer a confusing mish-mash of web content.

I’m just glad most sites have stuck with the a more traditional web-style. Don’t get me wrong, I do like some modern web aesthetics. Just look at my blog. It’s a combination of old and new web-styles (To see an example of the old, just look at cyber.eserver.org). When editing the HTML/CSS of my blog, I do my best to take the best aspects of both the old and new styles, and integrate the two in order to make my blog both functional and stylish. Websites that use the “modern” style exclusively seem to be going for style at the expense of function. And it’s questionable whether they’ve even achieved style.

Anyway, this will be a short post. I just wanted to give my two cents on the matter.

Postscript: Here’s another site which I think successfully melds old and new web-styles.

No comments:

Post a Comment